Grace Community Church is located in the city of Kingston, Tennessee on Highway 70 just a short distance from where Interstate 40 crosses over the Clinch River in Roane County.
In 2008, on a warm spring morning, more than 120 believers who were determined to stand for the truth of God’s Word and be led by the Holy Spirit, met on the banks of Watts Bar Lake and organized Grace Church. Since its humble beginning, God has richly blessed Grace Community Church and providentially provided her a place of her own. In March of 2009, Grace bought Mountain Cremation and Burial, which was located at 438 W. Race Street in Kingston, and has transformed a place that was formerly associated with death and sorrow into a place of life and hope.
Grace is a church that feels very strongly about reaching the lost for Christ and about teaching sound doctrine. In addition to encouraging personal evangelism on the part of the members of the church, Grace is a contributing member of the Southern Baptist Convention and the Tennessee Baptist Convention. Grace Church partners with the rich history of these organizations for the cause of world missions.
Grace also stands firmly and unashamedly upon the biblical doctrines as taught and believed by the Puritans and men such as John Owen, Jonathan Edwards, John Bunyan and Charles Spurgeon. Grace Community Church is also a 9Marks church. (www.9Marks.org) 9Marks churches believe that there are 9 distinguishing hallmarks of a New Testament church. These 9 characteristics are:
- Expositional Preaching
- Biblical Theology (sound doctrine)
- Biblical Understanding of the Good News (the salvation of sinners)
- Biblical Understanding of Conversion (God must do it)
- Biblical Understanding of Evangelism (call for repentance)
- Biblical Understanding of Membership (personal commitment to the church)
- Biblical Church Discipline
- Promotion of Christian Discipleship and Growth
- Biblical Understanding of Church Leadership (plurality of elders; elder leadership)
If you are looking for a church that has a warm and loving fellowship and that believes and teaches the whole counsel of God, then Grace Community Church is the church for you. We hope you will visit us at your earliest possible convenience.